Web Content Training
Become a Web Content Expert
Texas Wesleyan has switched to a new content management system (CMS) that gives you the power to shape your deparment's website, but we need to teach you how to drive it before we put you behind the wheel.
Our CMS training program will get you certified to work on your department's website. Training topics include:
- Website structure and management
- Content editing and creation
- Adding photos and PDFs
- Creating news and events
- How your content gets published
Fall and spring training is broken into "A" and "B" sessions, which last two hours each. Both must be taken to complete training.
Summer training is completed in one four-hour session.
Upcoming dates are posted on the Web Services news and events page.
To create great content, you have to know your audience, understand how to reach them and be consistent in the delivery of your message. The Web writing crash course will help you:
- Learn the basics of Web writing
- Master the University's voice and tone
- Apply what you've learned to news and events
Web writing courses last one hour and are offered once a month. Upcoming dates are posted on the Web Services news and events page.
These one-hour sessions are designed for our advanced users and are held once a month in the Library Orientation Room.
Each month we'll tackle a different topic designed to make your website management experience better.
Web Rockstar Breakfast Series Dates
- June 25 - News and Events Made Easy
- July 24 - Content Approval Demystified
- August date pending - Manage Your Website in 15 Minutes per Week
Need a writing cheat sheet or a how-to guide? Find it here.