What to Do
Take all threats seriously.
When an individual is disruptive or poses a danger to himself/herself, other individuals or property:
- Do not try to personally handle a situation you feel is or may become dangerous.
- Call Security at ext. 4911 or, depending on the severity of the situation, you may call 911 first.
- Warn people nearby and, if possible, isolate from others.
- If you are comfortable, stay with the person until help arrives.
- If you feel you need to leave the area, do so discreetly and use your best judgment.
If there is reason to believe that he or she is in a physiological or substance-induced state, the situation should be treated as a medical emergency.