At Texas Wesleyan, our intentionally small campus has a Texas-sized reputation and a rich history.
This Week at the CETL: Wordpress, Critical Thinking, Atomic Learning & more
Hello everyone! Hopefully you had a chance to enjoy the wonderful weekend weather.
Here is this week’s schedule:
- Tuesday, Feb. 17, 1-2 p.m.: Blogs are just one of many technologies that can help facilitate academic success. Learn how in WordPress as a Reflective Teaching Tool.
- Tuesday, Feb. 17, 3-4 p.m.: Game mechanics contribute to the fun of the game but they can also be a significant part of the learning experience. Join us to discuss elements from game design to bring into your classrooms to promote critical thinking and student learning at Promoting Critical Thinking Through Game Elements in the Classroom.
- Thursday, Feb. 19, 1-2 p.m.: Come to see an overview of the capabilities of Atomic Learning, a new online training platform in the session titled Take Charge of YOUR Training with Atomic Learning.
- Thursday, Feb. 19, 3–4 p.m.: The built-in groups feature available in Blackboard makes it possible for students to easily engage in online discussion, share files, chat and email. In the Blackboard Groups session, we’ll explore efficient and effective uses of this feature.
- Friday, Feb. 20, 10- 11 a.m.: We’ll show you how to setup alerts that monitor student performance in Blackboard Retention Center.
We hope to see you at the CETL soon!