School of Health Professions recognized as a top nursing school
Out of more than 3,000 nursing schools across the U.S., Texas Wesleyan was named one of the best by the Nursing Schools Almanac. The site ranked TXWES #20 on its list of top nursing schools in the southwest and #13 on the list of top nursing schools in Texas.
“Our programs prepare students to provide the most advanced nurse anesthesia and family nurse practitioner care to their patients,” said Heidi Taylor, dean of the School of Health Professions. “We’re proud of this recognition and look forward to continuing the education and training of doctorally prepared nursing professionals for years to come.”
Nursing Schools Almanac ranked schools on three factors
- The institution’s academic prestige and perceived value
- The breadth and depth of nursing programs offered
- Student success, particularly on the NCLEX national licensure exam
Among the other schools ranked the best in the southwest
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- University of Arizona
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
For a full list of rankings, visit the Nursing School Almanac’s website.