Texas Wesleyan consistently ranks as one of the safest campuses in North Texas. Security officers are always on duty and can be reached in an emergency at 817-531-4911.
Security Report and Statistics
The following information is provided to better inform University students and others, and conforms to the requirements of the "Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act."
For individuals who are handicapped or temporarily disabled due to an injury, security can provide transportation to and from buildings on campus.
If you would like to be escorted from a building to your car after dark, call (817) 531-4911. Give your name, the building, and the entrance in which you will meet the officer. Allow 5-10 minutes from the time you call to the time security arrives.
Dead Battery Jump
Security will assist faculty, staff and students by jumping dead batteries. Call (817) 531-4911 and give your name, the make, model and color of your car, and the parking lot in which your car is located. You will need to be at your car when security arrives and sign a liability waiver before security can assist you.
Safety Tips and Advice
The campus community is as strong and safe as we make it, and we can take simple, preventive steps to keep us from becoming vulnerable to crimes. We encourage the campus community to take advantage of the courtesy services that Campus Security Offers. Here are some easy crime prevention tips to help our campus community to become stronger.
Missing Student Policies and Procedures
- Keep your residence hall room door locked whenever the room is unoccupied, if you are in the room alone or if you are sleeping.
- Do not open your residence hall room door unless you can identify the person seeking entrance.
- Report suspicious persons or activities in your residence hall to the RA on duty, the hall director or to Campus Safety.
- Never prop open exterior doors to residence halls or allow unescorted visitors into the hall.
- If your residence hall room key is lost or stolen, report the loss immediately to the residence hall staff. Never leave your keys lying around in your room when you are not in the room.
- Do not keep large amounts of cash in your room.
Faculty and Staff
- Lock class room doors and labs after class sessions
- Always lock your door when leaving your office
- Never leave your valuables such as purse, wallet, and keys lying on your desk
- When working late call security to inform them that you are leaving the building
- Never leave keys in doors
- Keep your automobile locked at all times. Keep doors locked when traveling alone.
- Don't park your automobile in secluded or dimly lit areas.
- Do not keep valuables or electronics in plain sight in your automobile.
- When walking to your automobile at night, have your keys readily in hand.
- Always check the back seat before getting into your automobile.
- Never offer rides to strangers or hitch hikers.
- Check your automobile daily.
- Protect the safety of your personal property and valuables. Don't allow your property or valuables to be unattended at any time.
- Make a list of your valuables including make, model and serial number.
- Permanently mark your personal property and valuables with electric engravers. Contact Campus Safety for more information or how to borrow an engraver.
- Help protect your property and the property of others by reporting suspicious activity to Campus Safety.