Tutoring is offered at no charge for our undergraduate students in math, biology, chemistry, physics, accounting, history, psychology and writing by upper-level TXWES students.
Schedule an appointment with one of our course-specific tutors today!
Need help with brainstorming, organizing or formatting your paper? Schedule an appointment with a writing tutor today!
|Carla||Writing (MLA)||Mon.||10 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
|Tues. / Thurs.||1 - 4 p.m|
|Devyn||Writing (MLA, APA)||Mon.||8 - 10 a.m.|
|Tues.||8 - 9 a.m. / 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|Weds.||8 a.m. - 10 a.m. / 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.|
8 a.m. - 9 a.m. / 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
|Edon||Writing (MLA, CHI, APA)||Mon. / Tues.||1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Weds.||11 a.m. -1 p.m.|
|Thurs.||11 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Elaina||Writing||Tues.||12 p.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Thurs.||12 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Fri.||12 p.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Frannie||Writing (MLA, APA)||Tues. / Thurs.||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Lacora||Writing (MLA)||Mon.||3 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Weds.||2 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Thurs.||11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
Don't delay in getting the help you need from one of our math tutors!
|Joanna||Math 0300, 0301, 1302||Tues.||8 - 9:30 a.m.|
|Weds.||8 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
|Thurs.||12 p.m - 2 p.m.|
|Melissa||Math 0300, 0301||Mon. - Weds.||11 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
Math 1302, PreCal., Cal. 1, Cal. 2,
Cal. 3, Linear Algebra, CSC 1310,
1321, 22, 30, 2310, 20, 3320
|Tues. / Thurs.||11 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
|Weds.||3 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Tyler||Math 1302, Cal 2||Mon. - Fri.||11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.|
|Jakyron||Math 1302, Bus. Stats||Tues. / Thurs.||9 - 10 a.m. & 2 - 5 p.m.|
|Weds.||9 - 11 a.m.|
|Blaser||Math 1302, Math 1310||Tues. / Thurs.||2 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Fri.||8 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
Check out all the business courses our tutors can help you with during a tutoring appointment.
Fin., Man., Corp. Fin.
Bus. Stats, Eco 1 & 2
|Tues. / Thurs.||9 - 10 a.m. & 2 - 5 p.m.|
|Weds.||9 a.m. - 11 a.m.|
BUA2310, ECO 1, SPAN.,
|Mon. - Weds.||1:30 - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thurs.||12:30 - 4:30 p.m.|
|Fri.||9 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
Fin./Manag. ACC, Mat1302
Mat1310, Int. Acc.
|Tues. / Thurs.||2 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Fri.||8 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
Our science tutors have you covered for all of your science questions!
|Alyssa||PSY, Stats, Bio||Mon.||8 - 9 a.m. / 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Tues.||8 - 9:30 a.m. / 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.|
A&P I & II, EXS2301
|Mon.||2 - 3:30 p.m.|
|Tues. / Thurs.||9:30 - 10:30 a.m.|
|Fri.||11 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
Our undergraduate tutors can assist you during an online tutoring appointment also during our regular business hours, Mon. thru Fri. 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Call the ASC today to schedule your appointment 817-531-4219.
Online tutoring is available Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. thru 4 p.m. based on tutor availability. Appointments must be scheduled in advance.
How to schedule an online tutoring appointment:
- Email the Academic Success Center between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. or call 817-531-4219. Emails are answered only during those hours.
- Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive a text and email with a link for your appt.
- Click on the link to be directed to your online appointment in Blackboard.
Getting started with Blackboard Collaborate.
For best results:
- Use a computer instead of a phone.
- If a microphone and webcam are available, enable them. Webcam is not required.
- If you do not have a microphone, you can call in at the number and enter PIN.
- To share content, open the collaborate panel on the bottom right. You can open the whiteboard or share your paper.
- If internet connection is slow, turn off the webcam to increase speed.
How to prepare for your appointment:
- Email to schedule your appointment as soon as you can. Remember appointments are only during the hours of 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. There are no after hours online tutoring appointments.
- Emails made Monday through Thursday will be answered within 24 hours.
- Emails made on Friday will be answered by noon on Monday.
- All assignments must be submitted at least 72 hours before the due date. Don't forget to allow extra time when requesting an appointment over the weekend.
We also have a writing tutor to assist graduate students.
How does it help?
Dr. Wade Thompson will help you improve your writing in the following areas:
- Organization, style and clarity
- Problems with grammar and punctuation
- Citations of sources and bibliographies
How does it work?
Contact our graduate writing tutor, Dr. Wade Thompson, by email.
Send your papers as early as possible, as our writing tutor works on a first come, first-serve basis. The best bet is to start the review process as early as possible to get initial feedback preferably 72 hours before you need your appointment.
Please remember the following:
- Emails made Monday through Thursday will be answered within 24 hours
- Emails made on Friday will be answered by noon on Monday
- All assignments must be submitted at least 72 hours before the due date. Don't forget to allow extra time when submitting over the weekend
- The first submission of an assignment will be reviewed for mechanics
- For a review of content, you must submit the paper a second time
- Students enrolled in BUA 6212 Critical Thinking & Impactful Communication who are seeking a tutor for the course need a referral from Dr. Thompson
Email Dr. Wade Thompson, 817-531-4268, EJW 320