Quotes from 10 inspiring educators
Teachers do more than teach. They inspire, question, challenge and motivate. They teach children not just about math, science and reading, but about life and the benefits that come with hard work and dedication. To a child, a great teacher can make all of the difference. If you look back at your own educational experience, you may have had several inspiring teachers that led you to choose teaching as your career path.
If you’re considering furthering your education with a master’s degree in education, the best people to seek guidance, inspiration and advice from are other teachers. We’ve put together this list of 10 inspiring quotes from teachers who have molded minds and changed the world one student at a time.
- “A strenuous effort must be made to train young people to think for themselves and take independent charge of their lives.” - Anne Sullivan
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” - Helen Keller
- “To aid life, leaving it free, however, that is the basic task of the educator.” - Maria Montessori
- “The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures, and have courage when things go wrong.” - Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “The surest test of discipline is its absence,” - Clara Barton
- “The main thing is to remain oneself, under any circumstances; that was and is our common purpose.” - Madeleine Albright
- “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” - Aristotle
- “My powers are ordinary. Only my application brings me success.” - Isaac Newton
- “If you know what's going on in a kid's life outside of school, that can help you make sure you can optimize what's going on in school.” - Lisa Wells
- “What determines a great teacher is so subjective, because you need to look at the needs of the students. A great teacher must respond to their student based on that student’s needs.” - Lynne Kesselman
If you want to be an inspiring educator and are thinking about pursuing your master’s degree in education, talk to one of our admissions counselors today! They’ll answer any questions you have about our program, or general questions about earning your master’s degree in education. Your time to inspire is now!