Wine Walk stop spotlight: West Library
The first-ever Wesleyan Wine Walk is set for 4:30-6:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 27. Sample wine and food pairings across campus and get a taste of what TXWES is all about. Pick up your souvenir wine glass and punch card then visit as little or many stops as you’d like across campus.
One of the exciting stops along the wine walk is the West Library. Here’s what they’ve got in store for you!
The Eunice and James L. West Library is celebrating its 30th anniversary! At this wine walk stop, you can step into the past and see how the library and university have changed throughout the years. View the anniversary slide show and check out yearbooks, Ramblers and the digital archive online.
Be sure to also make your way to the new TXWES Makers Lab. This project’s focus is to create collaboration among the campus community and provide an opportunity to explore critical thinking and innovation. The Makers Lab provides the following equipment for the TXWES community to explore:
- 3D Printing
- PolyPrinter 508 3D Printer
- Makerbot ReplicatorZ18
- Artec Eva Lite Laser Scanner
- Glowforge Pro + Air Filter Laser cutter and engraver
- Brother GTX Series CYMK + White Direct to Garment Printer
- Hotronix Auto Open Clam Heat Press works with the Garment Printer
- US Cutter TITAN Vinyl Cutter - create decals, stickers, patterns, etc.
- Video Production
- Padcaster Ultimate Studio is a Portable multimedia production and editing studio
- Opportunities/Licenses for certification in Autodesk and Adobe
This is a must stop of this year’s wine walk because you’ll get to see the above equipment at work! Participants who stop by the library will also get a surprise commemorative item made right in the Makers Lab.
The Wesleyan Wine Walk is a part of the 2019 Alumni Reunion Weekend. There are a limited number of spots available for the Wesleyan Wine Walk so get a group of classmates together and sign up today!