Start the new year with purpose
"Purpose" is that unique place where your gifts intersect your passions, talents, and curiosities. By connecting with your sense of purpose and having a reason why you wake up each day, you could add up to seven years of extra life expectancy.
Ready to start fulfilling your life purpose? Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Attend a Purpose Workshop. Find a free Purpose Workshop in your area at bit.ly/purposeworkshops.
- Gifts + Passion + Environment = Purpose. If you are using your gifts to do something that you feel passionate about in an environment that is a good fit for you, you are living your purpose.
- Create a personal mission statement. Assess where you are and where you want to be and keep a journal to jot down your thoughts along the way.
- Focus on your strengths. Using your talents and strengths will make you feel happy and help you feel valuable to yourself and others.
- Listen to your heart. If you hate something – stop doing it. Get educated, get creative and start doing what you love. Life is too short to be miserable. What do you love to do?
- Learn something new. A new activity can give you purpose too. Try something that will “exercise” your brain – like learning a musical instrument or a new language.