Three ways campus security wants to help you keep your money
It's 2018 and we are all looking for ways to keep our money. Security wants to help you be successful in these three ways.
1. Residential Gates
Living a quick life can be damaging when you do not use your FOB or fail to wait for the gate to reset its timer. Security is piloting a solution that leaves the front residential gates open from 6 a.m.-6 p.m. During those hours, you can enter and exit that side of campus freely. Outside of those hours, you'll need to use their assigned FOB, or use the call button to speak with Security.
When exiting, stopping at the blinking stop sign will ensure that the gate’s timer will reset. Failing to ‘FOB in’ upon entry or not stopping when exiting may have the following outcomes:
- The gate will cause damage to your vehicle
- The gate will be damaged
- The University will file a claim against the driver’s insurance for gate repairs
- The gate will be inoperable until it can be fixed
- An inoperable gate will inconvenience students.
2. Parking Sticker
These free stickers are mandatory for every vehicle on campus. Getting a parking sticker is simple and can be obtained at the Library’s Circulation Desk. Having a parking sticker helps Security know who is allowed, or not allowed, to be on-campus at any given moment. Security will begin writing citations for vehicles without parking permits.
Here are some pro-tips from Security:
- If a parking spot has “R-number” painted, that means it is a reserved spot. These spots are reserved for faculty, staff or other entities at the University. A parking map is available online here.
- Reserved spots are open from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m. during the week and the weekends.
3. Smoking On Campus
Texas Wesleyan University is a tobacco-free campus. This means no using tobacco, vape pens, hookahs, etc. anywhere on campus. Failure to follow this policy may result in a citation with a price tag.
The Security Department receives no benefit from writing citations. We ask you to follow these simple rules to save us all money and time. Visit our website for more information.
We look forward to assisting you and hope you have a citation-free semester.