The fourth annual Rammy's Awards will be virtual
The Rammy's honors our students and their achievements outside of the classroom, and this year will be no different. The Division of Student Affairs wants to share our student's successes with the world and now we will be able to do that.
This year's Rammy's will be held virutually at 6 p.m. on Friday, May 1, 2020.
Before the fun, we need you to nominate students via RamSpace. Nominate those students who you think have made a positive impact on Texas Wesleyan University. Nominations will close on Monday, April 13. Here is a preview of the awards.
- Heart of Wesleyan: This award honors a student who has worked to build positive transformation in the community and world.
- Trailblazer Award: This award honors a senior who has devoted their time and effort to blaze a trail in their community while embodying the tenets of servant leadership.
- Emerging Leader: This award honors a first-year student who exemplifies leadership through campus and/or community involvement.
- Ram Award: Awarded to the student who best exemplifies the spirit of Wesleyan through involvement, participation and leadership.
- Student Affairs Excellence Award: This award honors a student whose involvement on campus has greatly assisted in accomplishing the goals of the Division of Student Affairs while enriching the student experience on campus.
- Exceptional Student Support: Presented to a faculty or staff member who has done exceptional work through their commitment to supporting students in their growth, development and success.
- Advisor of the Year: This is presented to an advisor of an officially registered student organization that has done an exceptional job in their role.
- Student Organization of the Year: The Student Organization of the Year recognizes outstanding contributions of student organizations. The organization must have contributed to the university campus through initiatives that reflect their mission and have significantly impacted the Texas Wesleyan community.
- Outstanding Event of the Year: This award honors a student organization whose event had a positive impact on the Texas Wesleyan community while serving as a learning opportunity for organization members.
- Greek Member of the Year: Recognizes a single member of the Greek community who has made significant contributions to both the Greek and campus community through modeling leadership, service, development and purpose.
- Resident Assistant of the Year: This award recognizes an exceptional staff member for creating a vibrant community, for supporting their residents and each other and for their overall positive contribution to campus life.
- Residence Hall Program of the Year: This award recognizes a program that went above and beyond to engage students and help them to feel like they are part of a strong community.
We are so excited for the opportunity to celebrate with you all, even if it is virtually.