Now that you have survived the first 2 weeks of classes, it's time to start working on enhancing your academic skills.
The Academic Success Center has the answer! We have so many resources to help you succeed in your courses this semester.
- Our workshops will give you extra tips to improve your note-taking, study skills and test-taking skills.
- Our tutors are here to help you individually in your courses.
- Our resources will provide you with what you need to complete assignments; laptops, textbooks and study environment.
Our first workshop, Cracking the Code, Note-taking & Textbook Reading, will be at 12:15 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 4 in the Science Lecture Theatre. Note-taking is a vital skill in college. Come to learn how to improve your skills. It is more than just taking a picture with your phone.
Upcoming workshops scheduled for September
- How to Hack the Brain - 12:15 p.m. on Tues., Sept. 11 in the Testing Center, EJW 127
- How Can I Study Better - 12:15 p.m. on Thurs., Sept. 13 in the Science Lecture Theatre
- Reading Between the Lines: Critical Thinking - 2:00 p.m. on Weds., Sept. 19 in the Library Orientation Room
- Tackling Test Anxiety - 12:15 p.m. on Tues., Sept, 25 in the Science Lecture Theatre
Come by the ASC to get your copy of the full workshop schedule. While you are there, get a copy of the tutoring schedule and meet some of our tutors!