Think about what a Master of Education can do for your career. Now imagine earning it 100% online and in less than a year.
Start as soon as possible
With 7 sessions per year, you can start your degree as soon as possible. You don't have to wait months to start class—you can start in a matter of weeks.
|Start Date||July 7, 2021||Aug. 23, 2021||Oct. 12, 2021||Dec. 1, 2021||Jan. 19, 2022||March 14, 2022|
|Priority Date*||June 7, 2021||July 23, 2021||Sept. 12, 2021||Nov. 1, 2021||Dec. 19, 2021||Feb. 14, 2022|
|Start Date||Priority Date*|
|July 7, 2021||June 7, 2021|
|Aug. 23, 2021||July 23, 2021|
|Oct. 12, 2021||Sept. 12, 2021|
|Dec. 1, 2021||Nov. 1, 2021|
|Jan. 19, 2022||Dec. 19, 2021|
|March 14, 2022||Feb. 14, 2022|
Dates are subject to change.
*You can still apply for financial aid after the priority date.
Online Info Session
Join an admissions counselor in an online information session. They will answer all your questions and keep you on track to complete your M.Ed. 100% online in under 12 months.
First, you'll build your teaching skills and learn how to critically evaluate education practice. But you'll also work in a specific concentration that focuses on what you want to learn and prepares you for the next step in your career. Choose a concentration in either Administration or Curriculum & Instruction:
You'll learn from experienced professors who are former principals, administrators and superintendents. You'll graduate from Texas Wesleyan prepared to complete the Performance Assessment for School Leaders (PASL) and ready to take on a whole new leadership role in education.
Curriculum & Instruction
We'll teach you how to become a teaching leader on a struggling campus by providing strategies to improve student achievement, parental involvement and social and emotional development of students. With special program components that focus on leadership and ESL, you'll learn the culturally-responsive teaching methods needed for your classroom.
|||View degree plans|
The Online Master of Education program consists of 7-week courses and offers seven sessions per year, meaning you can finish in less than a year. You'll watch class lectures and finish assigments on your own time through Blackboard, our Learning Management System (LMS), and complete your M.Ed. 100% online.
All applicants must have evidence that they possess the intellectual, professional and social qualities necessary for successful completion of the program. Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with one of the following:
- Note: If your degree is in a field other than education, you may have to take 0-9 hours of undergraduate courses or be alternatively certified by the State of Texas.
- 1-2 years of teaching experience recommended but not required
- One of the following for automatic admission:
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- 3.0 GPA in last 60 hours
- 3.0 Masters GPA
- 290 GRE Score
Administration concentration only:
- Confirmation of support from current administration
- In order to receive the principal certification, students must complete a 160-hour internship under the supervision of their campus administration. We ask the students to provide us with the name and email address of their administrator who will be supervising them, and we will request the acknowledgment of support.
If you do not meet the initial requirements:
- In order to be considered for conditional admission, you'll be asked to write a statement to the admissions committee detailing why you do not meet the current requirements and what steps you plan to take to be a successful student in the M.Ed. program
|||See Full Catalog Requirements|
Submit your application by the priority date and your application will get first consideration for the upcoming session.
|||How do I apply?|