The University offers technical assistance to all Texas Wesleyan students and employees. To obtain assistance contact the Texas Wesleyan IT Service Desk.
This form can be used to put in a general request for help on your Texas Wesleyan technology needs.
Computer requirements for online programs at Texas Wesleyan
Your computer and your internet connection are two of the most important components for a rewarding class experience. We want to make certain that you have adequate technology resources available to successfully complete your coursework. Please review the information presented below.
- A computer (PC/Mac) within 3 years of age, with webcam and microphone
- Windows/Mac Operating System (within 3 years of release date) Windows 7+/Mac 10.7+
- Access to Internet (Wired/Wireless)
- Internet Requirements – A wired connection with a minimum download speed of 1.5Mbps (basic DSL or cellular connection). A Wi-Fi connection is generally acceptable, depending on speed. You will need to make sure you have the appropriate internet connection for the best possible online experience. A faster connection, such as cable or fiber service, will further enhance the quality of your experience in an online class or program.
Please be aware that there may be specific hardware/software requirements for specific programs: so please check with your school or department to make yourself aware of those requirements.
Ramlink is an easy-to-use web interface that allows you to securely access your academic and financial records. You will use Ramlink to view your schedule, make payments, view grades, search for courses and register for classes.
Instructors use Blackboard to post and distribute course content like syllabi and handouts, to communicate with students, and to assess student learning through quizzes and online assignments.
Office 365 is a solution that delivers the capabilities of email as a cloud-based service. In addition, Office 2016 is available for download on up to 5 devices through Office 365.
Box Cloud Storage is an unlimited departmental storage and collaboration service that gives faculty and staff the ability to access, store and share content securely anywhere, anytime, on any device.
OneDrive is a cloud-based collaboration tool that provides 1 terabyte of online storage that you can share with others and access anywhere.
Texas Wesleyan University offers wireless services throughout the entire campus. If you are staff, faculty, or a student, you may connect to the TxWes-Secure network on your wireless device. If you are a guest, click on the "Logging into Wireless as a guest" link to learn about how to register.
- Setting up wireless on an Android device
- Setting up wireless on an iOS device
- Setting up wireless on a Mac
- Setting up wireless on a Windows device
- Logging into wireless as a guest
Having trouble resetting your password? This instructional video will walk you through it step by step.
Print wirelessly from your personal device.
Information and resources regarding telephone services, voicemail and other collaboration services.