ASC weekly focus: studying for math as easy as 1,2,3
Do you think studying for a test involves completing homework and nothing else?
Students come into the ASC frustrated about a grade on their math test. Upon further investigation, the tutor discovers that they do not know how to study for a math test. It involves more than attending class and doing homework.
5 tips for studying for a math test:
- Memorize mathematical formulas and know when to use them.
- Since most tests are timed, practice timed problems.
- Work through problems missed on quizzes.
- Practice textbook sample test problems.
- Participate in review sessions or create a study group with classmates.
Remember, as in any subject, it is important to not get behind in the class or wait until the last minute to begin studying. Schedule an appointment with a tutor in the Academic Success Center for additional assistance in your course.