ASC countdown to finals preparation: Intensive study week
Are you still in denial about how quickly exams are approaching?
Next week students will be frantic getting ready for their exams. If you have been following the week-by-week preparation we have been offering, your exam week will be less stressful. If you are late getting into the game, there is still time to catch up. With still a week to go until finals begin, you have plenty of time to come up with a plan of action for success.
This week you should begin an intensive review of your courses.
5 Tips to Intensive Study
- Follow the study plan you created last week.
- Focus on comprehension - summarize course concepts in your own words.
- Increase retention by linking new information to things you already know.
- Outline answers for possible essay questions.
- Work practice problems for math-based courses.
As always, the Academic Success Center is here to assist students with their preparation for finals on Dead Day and throughout finals week.