At Texas Wesleyan, our intentionally small campus has a Texas-sized reputation and a rich history.
ASC Wednesday Wisdom: Tips for midterm recovery
Stressing about your grades after midterms?
Not achieving the goals you set back in August?
Keep the panic under control. Instead, develop a plan to successfully complete the semester.
Five tips from the ASC for midterm recovery:
- Reflect on your progress - Take some time to self-evaluate where you are, how you got there and where you want to be. Be honest in your assessment. Did you not study? Did you not go to class? Do you need to get extra help? Remember honesty is key because what you have been doing so far this semester is not working.
- Talk to your professor - Make an appointment to meet with your professor. Be prepared with an agenda to make the most of your time.
- Take advantage of the resources that are available to you. This would include ASC tutors, professors, and your classmates.
- Create a Weekly Time Grid to successfully tackle your plan for the remainder of the semester. This should map out your reading time, study time, job and practice schedule.
- Master all of the course material. This may require you to backtrack and focus on what you learned at the beginning of the semester. If you are not doing well at this point in the semester, most likely you are missing some of the fundamentals of the course. Your professor or a tutor in the ASC may help you with this.
For more assistance, visit the Academic Success Center.