Wesleyan Scholars Honors Program
The Wesleyan Scholars Honors Program takes Smaller. Smarter. even further. The program offers challenging and thought-provoking educational experiences to academically curious and motivated students. Qualified students get the opportunity to engage in innovative and interdisciplinary and unique co-curricular courses, and collaborate in experiential learning. The program provides various opportunities that help to expand students' worldview while honing life skills to prepare them as leaders, continuous learners and researchers.
Student success is our goal at the Wesleyan Scholars Honors Program. Hence, we provide opportunities at both the University and Department levels.
University Honors students participate in small seminar classes taught by outstanding scholars in their fields as they integrate honors classes in their majors for a unique program that emphasizes thinking, writing, research and experiential learning.
Departmental Honors students work with a professor in their major on a research project to expand their knowledge and enhance their resume.
Honors students will enjoy additional research opportunities, travel abroad opportunities and will engage in community development activities. In addition, Honors students will:
- Take classes with other qualifying students
- Have exclusive access to the Honors study and collaboration lounge
- Receive free books for University Honors seminars
- Present research at University College Day and other external conferences
- Receive Honors recognition on their diploma after completing either University Honors, Departmental Honors or both
- Have access to more scholarship opportunities offered at Texas Wesleyan
- Enjoy advising and mentorship
- Lived in a marked dorm room space
Texas Wesleyan Honors students have exclusive access to scholarship opportunities.
The Wesleyan Scholars Honor Program is a registered member of the National Collegiate Honors Council.