Interested in the Wesleyan Scholar Honors program? Make sure to review the eligibility requirements before filling out the form below.
University Honors Requirements
- High School GPA of 3.5
New Transfer Students
- Cumulative Transfer GPA of 3.25
- 3.25 GPA in their coursework at Texas Wesleyan University
To qualify for University Honors recognition on their diplomas, students must graduate with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25.
University Honors Application Process
- Students receive a Letter of Qualification
- Students complete the Honors Application Form, indicating their interest in the program.
- After review, students receive a Decision Letter
- Students meet with their advisors to registers for Honors (WSP) courses
Departmental Honors Requirements
- Open to all Texas Wesleyan students.
- Students are admitted to a Departmental Honors Program with the approval of the faculty of the student’s major program and a GPA in their major of 3.5.
- Each student seeking to enroll in Departmental Honors will need to complete a Departmental Honors Application.
- At the completion of the program, students will need to submit a Reflective Essay.
Students must maintain a 3.5 GPA in their major to graduate with Departmental Honors and earn the Wesleyan Scholar designation on their diplomas.
Departmental Honors Application Process
- Qualified students are contacted by their Department Chair
- Students complete the Honors Application form, indicating their interest in the program
- Students meet with their Department Chair to complete the necessary form and learn about their course options
- Students meet with their advisors to register for designated Departmental Honors courses