Texas Wesleyan ranked in top tier of universities for its response to COVID-19
Texas Wesleyan University is among the top-performing schools in the country in its reaction to the COVID-19 crisis, according to a ranking by Educate to Career, a California-based education nonprofit.
Four-year schools were divided into four tiers. To be in Tier 1, the highest ranking, schools had to meet four main criteria:
- A physical campus for in-classroom instruction should health authorities allow colleges to open in September
- Robust software and systems to support distance learning programs
- Faculty experience in teaching online
- Reasonable tuition & fees on a relative basis
“Our dedicated faculty and staff have committed themselves to offering the top-tier education we are known for, even while working remotely,” said Texas Wesleyan University President Frederick G. Slabach. “This has not been an easy time. However, we will continue to support our students any way we can to keep the goal of a quality college education attainable, no matter what.”
Other schools joining Texas Wesleyan in the top tier include:
- Texas Tech University
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of North Texas
- Dallas Baptist University
Texas Wesleyan is committed to safely returning to campus this fall. Get the latest updates at txwes.edu/coronavirus.
Check out the full ranking.