Are you a health plan participant?
Our health plan provider, BCBS, offers a number of programs to active plan participants that you might be interested in:
- 24/7 NurseLine – the 24/7 Nurseline can help you or a family member has a health problem or concern. The Nurseline is staffed by registered nurses who are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (800) 581-0368.
- Audio Library System – The audio health library is available to help you and your family educate yourselves about many common and chronic illnesses and diseases – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The audio library includes 1,200 health topics ranging from allergies to women’s health. To view the complete list of topics, please log in to the Blue Access for Members (BAM) site and select the My Health option.
- Special Beginnings – BCBS has a Special Beginnings maternity program that provides support from early pregnancy until six weeks after delivery. To learn more about the program, call (888) 421-7781 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. CT.
- Fitness Program – This program offers access to a nationwide network of independently contracted fitness centers for a low one-time $25 enrollment fee and $25 per member per month fee, plus applicable taxes. See attached Group Well on Target Fitness Program Member flier for additional information.
If you haven’t already set up your online Blue Access for Members (BAM) account Checking claims status, printing a temporary ID card, locating a provider or pharmacy and accessing the cost estimator are just a few of the options available within the BAM site!
It’s easy to get started with BAM:
- Go to bcbstx.com/member
- Click Register Now
- Use the information on your BCBSTX ID card to complete the registration process.
- Click Log In button in far right corner
- Accept Terms
- Create Username/Password
Text* BCBSTXAPP to 33633 to get the BCBSTX app that lets you use BAM while you’re on the go.