Skip to Content
Get your MBA 100% online
Get your MBA 100% online
Get your MBA 100% online

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

A young white woman holding a notebook



 Below are some of the most frequently asked   questions about our Student Employment Program.

 If there is a question that you have, but do not see,   please feel free to contact Lindsay Trammell at the   Human Resources Office at 817-531-4403 or  




Is it easy to get into the Student Employment Program?

Once you become a student at Texas Wesleyan, securing a job in the SEP is as easy as you make it. We provide the resources and tools needed to locate and apply for a position. 

We encourage every student interviewing for a position job to take the opportunity seriously. If interviewing via phone, maintain a friendly, confident and enthusiastic tone. If interviewing in person, dress appropriately.

This may be your first job; therefore this could be your first lesson in employment. Apply for the jobs you are interested in, you are not limited to applying, only to accepting.

Please Note: Work-Study positions that have been posted are only for those who have been awarded Work-Study. Student Assistant positions are open for every student. Unfortunately, you cannot hold a Work-Study Position and a Student Assistant position at the same time. All students are encouraged to have only one position on campus. 

If you need more information on a specific job posting, contact the hiring supervisor listed on the job posting or Human Resources via email at We are always happy to assist.

Up to how many positions can I have on campus?

Beginning in the 2019-2020 academic school year, we are highly encouraging students to only apply for one position on campus. This will help the student to concentrate on academics, and to keep from going over the 20 hours per week work limit. There are certain positions that are considered exempt. All exemptions are reviewed, and the final outcome is determined on a case by case basis.


How many hours can I work each week?

Students are allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours per week. By limiting your hours to 20 per week, this allows you to ensure you are meeting your academic expectations, and allows Texas Wesleyan to give more students an opportunity to participate in student employment. 

Any hours over the 20 hours per week must be approved by Human Resources prior before working them. The student's supervisor should be submitting all requests to

Am I eligible for Federal Work Study?

Federal Work Study is a need-based program for which the student must qualify based on the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

The Office of Student Financial Planning determines a student’s eligibility for Work Study and the amount awarded, which will be listed on your financial aid award letter. Not every student who receives need-based aid will receive a Federal Work Study award.

A Federal Work Study award does not guarantee a job on campus. Students must go through the employment process as listed above.

If you have questions about your eligibility, then you may contact Travis Richard with the Financial Aid deparment at or call at 817-531-4242. 

Where can I get an electronic copy of the SEP Handbook?

You will be receiving a copy of a SEP Handbook when you attend your SEP Orientation. 

Please view the electronic copy at any time. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Lindsay Trammell at or 817-531-4403.

Student Employment Program Handbook


What forms are required in order to begin with the SEP?

When you first accept your SEP job on campus at Texas Wesleyan University, you will be required to complete an Employment Packet. This packet contains your onboarding forms, offer letter, a Federal Form, Direct Deposit Agreement, and Employment Verification Form I-9.

  • Federal (IRS) Form W-4
    • The W-4 must be completed to assure Texas Wesleyan University, the employer, withholds the correct federal income tax from all employees regardless of status (faculty, staff or student employees).
  • Direct Deposit
    • All employees are encouraged to enroll in direct deposit so wages are deposited into his/her provided checking/savings account.
  • Employment Verification Form I-9
    • The Form I-9 (Employment Verification Form) determines your eligibility status to work in the United States. In order to complete the I-9 process all employees regardless of status (faculty, staff, or student employees) are required to present acceptable, original, genuine, unexpired documents providing identity and employment authorization prior to beginning work on campus. For additional information regarding the Form I-9 or a listing of acceptable documents please visit:

If you are a returning SEP employee, you will receive a new offer letter with your returning position. This offer letter must be returned to the Human Resources department before you can start your employment.

Each student must be in good standing to be an employee. Conduct records and academic integrity statuses are subject to review by the hiring manager and Human Resources.

You may contact Lindsay Trammell,, with any questions you have.

Do I have to start as a freshman to be eligible?

No, you are not required to secure an on-campus job as a freshman in order to be eligible to work with student employment at a later date. 

All of our students have different needs, and therefore some students begin working their sophomore year, others their junior and some even start as a senior. 

As long as you are enrolled as a student at Texas Wesleyan University, you are eligible! 

Do I have to attend Student Orientation when hired?

Yes! To make sure that you are receiving the full employment experience that you can and to make sure that all student employees have been instructed on the Student Employment Program Handbook, Student Orientation is mandatory for students.

Once you have attended a Student Orientation, you will not have to attend another for your remaining employment here on campus.

How can I sign up for direct deposit?

Direct deposit is safe, simple and easy! And you won't have to go sign out your check every payday at the Cashier's Office.

To sign up, visit your RamLink account and sign up through the Self-Service Option.

Any questions about payment can be directed to payroll by calling 817-531-4419 or emailing Marsha Barry at

What areas offer employment?

There is a need for student employment all over the Texas Wesleyan campus within office settings, classrooms/labs, recreation areas, Student Life, tutoring, Admissions, etc.

If there is an area that interests you there is more than likely a position needing to be filled. Don’t be afraid to be creative as well; if you see a need, speak with the department supervisor or Dean. Sometimes it takes a visionary leader to help us recognize new and creative ways for service through student employment. 

Are there job opportunities for international students?

International students are eligible for the Student Assistant positions per terms of their visas.

It is important for you to be aware that your student visa will have stipulations on how many hours you can work each week. Your visa requires compliance and must not be violated.

All international students must have a Social Security Card to be eligible to begin work.

If you have any questions please contact International Services at (817) 531-5868 or via email

Is student employment flexible with my schedule?

The hiring supervisors understand you are attending Texas Wesleyan to receive the best education you can. We are committed to ensuring you are able to complete your academic mission here on campus.

In order to successfully meet your mission and receive an experiential learning opportunity through the Student Employment Program, flexibility is understood. We simply ask that you keep your supervisor informed of your academic schedule so they can accommodate you to the best of their ability while maintaining their department staffing needs.

Under any circumstances are students permitted to work during class hours, even if the class has been cancelled. 

When is the last day that I can apply for a job?

The Student Employment Program is available throughout the year, but not all positions. Positions that have already been filled will state that they are closed in the title of the position. The positions may or may not open through out the year. 

Please login to PeopleAdmin to view current job positions to find the right fit for you.


Where can I get help with my resume?

Career Services can help you with anything from your resume to your interview, to your cover letter to resignation letter! They are here to ensure the present and future success of all of our students. 

Please take advantage of the services they have to offer. You will be happy you did!

Please read our updated Privacy Policy to learn about the information we collect and how we use it. This site uses cookies and other third-party services for the purposes of marketing and enhancing the site experience.

Accept and Close