At Texas Wesleyan, our intentionally small campus has a Texas-sized reputation and a rich history.
IT Restructuring Announcement
Major changes are:
- The number of directors and managers reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) will be reduced from six to four.
- The positions of IT Development Director and IT Operations Director have been merged into a single position called IT Infrastructure Services Director; this position will be filled by Kendra Ketchum.
- The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) will report to the Provost.
- The IT Development division and Project Management Office have been eliminated and the Project Manager (5) and Business Analyst (1) positions have been dissolved.
- A new division (IT Academic Services) focused on supporting the academic mission of the University has been established; Michael McAuliffe will fill the role of IT Academic Services Director and report to the CIO.
- The focus of the Help Desk has been narrowed; this group is to act as the single point of contact for all technical support requests and support-related questions and work on behalf of the requestor to ensure that all issues, service requests, and questions are satisfactorily resolved, fulfilled, or answered in a timely manner; George Blackwell will fill the role of Help Desk Manager and report to the IT Infrastructure Services Director.
- A new service group charged with the delivery of timely desk-side and field support has been established; Barry Simpson will take the role of User Support Manager and report to the IT Infrastructure Services Director.
- The new staff structure puts IT in a better position to handle the challenges and opportunities ahead and give employees, students, alumni and affiliates the service they deserve.