Join Texas Wesleyan in supporting the United Way of Tarrant County
Once again, Texas Wesleyan University is joining forces with United Way of Tarrant County to support their services and programs that tackle some of the toughest social issues affecting our area.
Each year, United Way of Tarrant County helps more than 300,000 people thanks to the support of donors like you. For example, a $5 gift per pay period will provide 12 hygiene kits to 12 homeless individuals. A gift of $10 per pay period will provide 12 sets of books to 12 preschool children learning to read.
Though encouraged, participation is strictly voluntary and all donation information is kept confidential.
Your donation could also go to Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) which helps low-income families prepare their tax returns. Texas Wesleyan is proud to be a part of VITA. Last year, 14 TXWES students completed about 1,000 returns and volunteered over 950 hours as part of a course here on campus. 20 students are already signed up to take part this year.
The donation period at TXWES will be between April 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020. Watch for an email in your TXWES account for more details on how you can directly donate to United Way.
Contact the United Way Campaign committee member representing your school or division with any questions:
- Jennifer Hestand – School of Health Professions
- Dr. Mike Bishop – School of Health Professions
- Julie McCoy – School of Arts and Letters
- Erica Thornton – School of Education
- Dr. Kimberly Webb – School of Business
- Dr. Alison Simons – School of Natural and Social Science
- Josh Gibbs – Athletics
- Amber Tejeda – Office of the Provost
- Michael Gatton – Office of Student Affairs
- Tim Plocica – Office of University Advancement
- Juan Azcarate – Office of Finance and Administration
- Ann Davis – Office of Enrollment, Marketing and Communications
- Dr. Allen Henderson - Office of the Provost, Honorary Committee Member