Stop by the Eunice & James L. West Library and pick up a star for a local senior. Texas Wesleyan University is the largest contributor to the Meals on Wheels of Tarrant County. This is our 13th year to send gifts to Tarrant County seniors, and we need your help to carry on this tradition.
How to donate a Christmas gift to Meals on Wheels
- Pick up a star off the Meals on Wheels gifting tree in the West Library.
- Purchase the gift listed on the star.
- Attach the star to the unwrapped gift.
- Join us for the live auction of donated mini Christmas trees at 1:45 p.m. on Nov. 29. Money raised from the silent auction of decorated mini Christmas trees will support Meals on Wheels’ clients.
- Bring the gift to the Circulation Desk in West Library before Tuesday, Dec. 6.
- You can also drop off a bag of pet food at the library’s circulation desk by Dec. 6. Often, seniors in need will share their food with their pets. Donating pet food helps ensure that warm meals go to the clients.
- 2017 Calendars
- Clocks with large numbers
- Flashlights with batteries
- Magnifying glass
- Night lights
- Reaching tools
- Fleece throws
- Gloves, hats and scarves
- Pet food
Meals on Wheels client demographics
- Median age: 74.7 years
- 84% of clients are over the age of 60
- 64% of clients are female
- Median client monthly income: $1,000
- Meals served to minority clients: 36%