Explore the social aspects of comic books with discussion panel on April 25
The West Library presenting "Who is that Masked Man: Examining the Social Aspects of Comic Books" in partnership with Fort Worth Library's Worth Reading program at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 25 in the Library Orientation Room.
- Cary D. Adkinson, Ph.D., assistant professor of criminal justice
- Matthew M. Hand, Ph.D., assistant professor of psychology
- Jon Bartlett, director of housing and residence life
- Eddy J. Lynton, Ph.D., assistant professor of sociology and criminal justice
- Kaeli Vandertulip, reference and information services librarian
Join our panel as they examine the social aspects of comic books.
Featuring secret identities, vengeful superheroes and the occasional woman in the refrigerator, comic books can tell us much about ourselves and our society, such as our views on crime, personality and gender roles.
Topics will include psychological aspects, how religion is portrayed and gender issues in comic books and culture.
For more information contact Elizabeth Howard.