Using social media to help new students
The first day of school is an exciting time, but it also raises questions for new students. Where’s the building for my first class? How do I find the cafeteria? Where do I go for lunch? What's AMB?
To help new students on the first day of class, we’re using a social media option for asking questions. They can use #asktxwes to tweet questions and we will answer them through Twitter. During the last week, we have promoted the option through Texas Wesleyan’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Watch Facebook on Wednesday to see photos from the first day of class. Also keep an eye on Instagram throughout the week for Ram Camp photos.
A busy week for new students
In addition to the first day of classes, students are having a busy week on campus. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Sunday: the official move-in day for our residence halls
- Monday: Mexican fiesta with food, mariachi band, piñatas, games and giveaways
- Tuesday: Scavenger hunt, barbecue dinner, dancing and prizes
- Wednesday: First 500 people get free admission to the Coyote Drive-In, starting at 6 p.m. Just bring your Texas Wesleyan ID card and have at least two people in the car.
- Thursday: Join the campus community for the President’s Picnic from 4:30 to 6 p.m. in the gym.
- Friday: Pool party and cookout, hosted by campus organizations. Enjoy music, games, food and ice cream floats.
If you see any new students on campus this week, be sure to say hello and welcome them to Texas Wesleyan.