Calling all football fans: Join us for the TXWES Blue & Gold game April 22
Are you ready for football? Grab your family and friends, get your blue & gold on and come cheer on the Rams at 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 22 at Farrington Field for the highly-anticipated Blue & Gold spring scrimmage.
Here’s what you need to know:
Everyone is invited and admission is FREE! This scrimmage is for the fans – students, parents, alumni, families, faculty, staff and kids. If you love college football, love Fort Worth and/or love Texas Wesleyan, this is a scrimmage you don’t want to miss.
The spring scrimmage is your first chance to see the new football team in full uniform and watch them practice plays. It won’t be run like a traditional football game, but it will give Head Coach Joe Prud’homme, his coaching staff and the players the opportunity to show us what they’ve been working on since practices first began last fall. We will take a pause half-way through the scrimmage for Alma Mater and fight song practice with the Wesleyan Singers.
The scrimmage begins at 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 22, which coincides with Texas Wesleyan Alumni Reunion Weekend. Here is a timeline and key events of the day:
- 12-2 p.m. – Alumni cookout on the Texas Wesleyan campus. Registration is required for the cookout. Bus transportation to and from the game will be provided.
- 1:30 p.m. – Farrington Field opens and players are warming up. Student Life opens fun & games in the plaza area on the west side of the stadium.
- 3 p.m. – Scrimmage begins
- 3:45 p.m. – Alma Mater and fight song practice with cheerleaders and Wesleyan Singers. Music alumni are welcomed to participate! If you’re interested, contact the Alumni Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817.531.7522.
- 4:45 p.m. – Scrimmage ends. Fans, parents and kids are all invited onto the field for players’ & coaches’ autographs and photos. Don't forget to share you photos from the scrimmage using the #TXWESFOOTBALL!
The scrimmage will take place at Farrington Field, located at 1501 University Drive in Fort Worth, at the corner of University Drive and Lancaster Ave.
Admission to the scrimmage and parking are both FREE and open to the public. Parking is available on the east side of the stadium. Fans will enter through the east gate and walk to the west side of the stadium to sit on the home team side of Farrington Field.