University to host Summit for Action and Change March 4-5
The Summit for Action and Change will explore and educate our campus community on the 'how' to affect change on campus and in our community. The summit is a collaborative effort between the Division of Student Affairs, Athletics and the Diversity and Inclusion Council. Session topics include:
- Microaggressions and Recognizing Bias
- How to Advocate for Your Needs to the Institution
- Implications for Exercising my First Amendment
- Mental Health: Identifying Stress
- Why Voting Matters and Mechanics of the Voting Process
- Fact-Checking 101
- SGA Presentation
- Practice: Space to Practice Voicing Opinions
- Mental Health: Proactive and Healthy Coping Skills
Each day kicks-off with special guests; join the keynote speaker, Daron K. Roberts, at 2 p.m. on Thursday, March 4 and at noon on Friday, March 5 with a panel of esteemed guests, including Councilwoman Kelly Allen Gray, Senator Beverly Powell, Congressman Marc Veasey, Dr. Whitnee Boyd and Attorney Glenn Lewis.
You won't want to miss this. RSVP via RamSpace and log in with your TXWES credentials.
For more information, please contact Chelsea Sepolio.