Wesleyan stands with Nepal: Events to raise awareness, funds for quake victims
Last Saturday, Nepal was hit by a devastating earthquake that has resulted in a tremendous amount of loss in lives, buildings and homes, as well as injury.
Many of our students are from Nepal and the surrounding areas that were impacted by this earthquake. Our hearts and our thoughts have been and will continue to be with our fellow Rams whose family and loved ones were affected.
To show our support for our students and that Wesleyan stands with Nepal, we have scheduled the following events and fundraisers.
A Light for Nepal (Candlelight Vigil)
- Date and Time: Tuesday, April 28 from 8:30–10 p.m.
- Location: West Library Steps and Campus Mall
- The University will provide candles and ribbons for those who participate.
- Weather projection does not include rain, but it will be chilly. Please dress warmly.
Wesleyan Stands with Nepal Flags
- Date and Time: Beginning now throughout the remainder of the semester
- Location: Library Circulation Desk
- With a donation of at least $1, individuals will receive a Nepal flag with a space to write in names. The flags will then be posted throughout the West Library.
- These flags will also be available during Awards Day (April 28 from 12:15–1:15 p.m.) in Martin Hall.
Day of Awareness: Wesleyan Stands with Nepal
- Date and Time: Tuesday, May 5 beginning at 11 a.m.
- Location: Campus Mall
- The Day of Awareness will include an opportunity to purchase a T-shirt, receive a henna design, enjoy snacks, and participate in various activities.
Daily Fundraising: Wesleyan Stands with Nepal
- Dates and Times: Beginning Wednesday, April 29 until Wednesday, May 6 from 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Location: West Library Steps and Campus Mall (weather permitting)
- Come out during this time to find ways to show support and get involved. We will have various fundraising efforts during this time which will include food (LKK’s famous burritos, popcorn, snow-cones), Wesleyan Stands with Nepal Flags and T-shirts, and henna artists.
- If you have ideas or would like to host a fundraising event during one of these scheduled times, please contact Student Life.
The funds that are raised during this time will be combined and at the end of the semester, we plan to make one large donation. If you are interested in hosting a fundraiser, please coordinate through Student Life. In order to ensure that all funds are appropriately maintained and accounted for, we ask that Student Life is involved.
Thank you for your support for our fellow Rams.