At Texas Wesleyan, our intentionally small campus has a Texas-sized reputation and a rich history.
- Strategies for Gifted and Talented Diverse Students. National Association for Bilingual Education, Gifted and Talented SIG. Chicago, IL. March 2016. Bridging Academic and Social Experiences: Culturally Responsive Best Practices. Association for the Advancement of Educational Research, Stuart, FL. November, 2015.
- Accelerating and Extending Literacy for Diverse Learners: Using Culturally Responsive Teaching. Preconference Institute. International Literacy Association, St. Louis, MO. July 2015.
- Research, Updates and Strategies Addressing the Needs of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Gifted Students. National Association for Bilingual Education, Gifted and Talented SIG. Las Vegas, NV. March 2015.
- The Impact of a Study-Abroad Experience on Participants’ Cultural Beliefs and Attitudes. Hawaii International Conference on Education, Honolulu, HI. January 2015.
- Identifying and Nurturing Giftedness in English Language Learners. National Association for Bilingual Education, Gifted and Talented SIG. San Diego, CA. February 2014
- Identifying and Serving Gifted ELLs. International Reading Association, Gifted and Talented SIG. San Antonio, TX. April, 2013.
- Exploring Writing Instruction in Title I Schools: Findings from a Qualitative Research Study. Southwest Educational Research Association Conference, San Antonio, TX. February 2013.
- Success for English Language Learners in Mainstream Science Classrooms. Lamar University, Beaumont, TX. Summer 2011 and Summer 2012.
- K-2 Reading Workshop. Ector County ISD, Odessa, TX. Summer 2012.
- Have You Discovered Language Workshop? National Association of Bilingual Educators, February 2012
- Building Teacher Capacity and Reaching English Language Learners. Learning Forward (previously National Staff Development Council), Atlanta, GA, December 2010
- STELLAR Teachers: Effectively Teaching English Language Learners in the “Regular” Content Classroom. Texas Council of Teachers of English Language Arts, Austin, TX, January 2010
- Essential Conversations: Critical Connections for English Language Learners. Texas Council of Teachers of English Language Arts, Dallas, TX, January 2009
- Engaging Secondary Language Learners through Innovative Practices: National Council of Teachers of English Conference, San Antonio, TX, November 2008
- Effective Writing for English Language Learners: Teachers and Students Experience “The Process.” National Council of Teachers of English Conference, New York, New York, November 2007
- Anderson, E. (2016). An eclectic view at topics in education. Wesleyan Graduate Review, 13(1). v.
- Adiche, C.A. (2012). Purple hibiscus. [Review of the book by E.Anderson]. Wesleyan Graduate Review, 13 (1), 46-47.
- Anderson, E. (2015). Engaging and effective strategies for English language learners to develop critical thinking, academic vocabulary, and literacy. In D. Sisk (Ed.), Accelerating and extending literacy for diverse students. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield. Publication date: August 2015.
- Anderson, E. & Dryden, L. (2014). Fourth grade writing instruction: A case study of three teachers in Title I schools. Journal of Research Initiatives, 2 (1), http://digitalcommons.uncfsu.edu/jri/vol1/iss2/4
- Anderson, E. (2012). Reviewer’s choices: Recommended reading. [Review of the books Mindset by C. Dweck and Influencer by K. Patterson, J. Grenny, D. Maxfield, R. McMillan, and A. Switzler]. Wesleyan Graduate Review, 9 (1), 79-80.
- Anderson, E. (2012). English and second language committee supports the use of home language in writing. Texas Voices, 25, (21), 15.
- Anderson, E. (2012). Ten tips for the instruction of English language learners. Texas Voices, 25, (22), 9.
- Anderson, E. (2011). BICS and CALP and matters of the heart: Transforming ELL instruction. English in Texas, 41.1, 23-28. Invited publication.
- Anderson, E. (2008). Reaching all students: Teaching English language learners. English in Texas, 38, 61-63.
- Anderson, E., Fisher, N., Perez, O., Shackmann, R., & Shelton, J. (2010). Teaching the English language learners: A STELLAR journey for mainstream teachers. Teachers Teaching Teachers, 6,(3), ERIC # ED 512917
Previous and Current Research
- Writing instruction
- Ongoing qualitative study on the impact of short-term study-abroad projects on teachers’ attitudes and beliefs about culture and schooling
- Longitudinal study on teacher implementation and reflection after intensive professional development
- Retention and success of international students at higher education institutions
- Perceptions and expectations of instructors towards international university students
- Writing practices of fourth grade teachers at Title I schools