How to Apply
- Log into myHousing to begin filling out your housing application.
- Click Login in the upper right-hand corner of myHousing
- Select the button that says "TXWES-Student SSO Login"
- Login using your Texas Wesleyan email address and password
- The first step is to pay a $100 non-refundable security deposit.
- There is a 2-3 business days processing period for your security deposit. Once your payment is processed, you log back into myHousing to fill out your roommate profile, sign the housing contract and submit your application. We'll send you a reminder!
- You will also make your meal plan selection within the housing application.
- Once you submit your Housing application, you will receive a confirmation email.
- All information regarding the room assignment process, move-in, and your housing status will be sent to your Texas Wesleyan University email address.
- Please visit our Health Services website for information on required immunizations and forms. You will need to turn in an immunization form as well as a bacterial meningitis acknowledgment letter 10 days prior to moving into university housing.
The Department of Residence Life at Texas Wesleyan University supports the mission of the university by providing students with a comfortable and convenient living environment while offering opportunities for increased campus involvement, social interaction and academic assistance. In support of the mission of the University and in recognition of the value of the on-campus residential experience, beginning the fall of 2011, all students with less than 30 college credit hours who are under the age of 21 are required to live in on-campus university housing unless they are married, divorced, live with their parents or have a dependent child. The Department of Residence Life in conjunction with the Dean of Students Office will review requests for an exemption to this policy on an individual basis.
If you do not wish to live on campus, you must submit a Residency Requirement Exemption Request Application. Please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-413-5000 to request this application.
Housing De-Registration Policy
All residents must be enrolled in classes and have a completed housing application prior to moving into housing.
- Incoming international students are granted an exception while they are attending orientation but must enroll and set up a payment plan or pay in full by the end of their orientation to remain in housing.
- Students admitted two weeks before the fall term start must have a payment plan or be paid in full to keep their housing placement.
- If enrollment and payment arrangements are not in place, housing placements will be canceled within 48 hours.
- Students admitted within two weeks of the fall term start date must be enrolled, applied for housing, and have a payment plan or pay in full prior to moving in.
- Students returning for the spring semester or who are admitted one week before fall final exams must be enrolled in classes and set up a payment plan or pay in full by one week before fall final exams to retain their housing placement.
- If enrollment and payment arrangements are not in place, housing placement will be canceled within 48 hours.
- Current residents who do not enroll for spring one week before the beginning of fall final exams must vacate their fall housing placement by the last day of fall final exams unless they enroll and set up a payment plan or pay in full prior to the last day of fall final exams.
- Students are eligible to return to housing in the spring semester once they are enrolled and have a payment plan or have paid in full.
- Students admitted within a week of the start of fall final exams must be enrolled, applied for housing, and have payment arrangements before moving in.