Important information regarding financial terms and conditions of attendance
I understand and agree that once registered and enrolled in classes at Texas Wesleyan University (“TXWES”), a contractual financial obligation is created. Registering for classes through this website represents my electronic signature and agreement to be bound by the applicable Financial Responsibility Agreement, including my agreement to be financially responsible to TXWES for payment of all tuition, fees, room and board charges, and related costs that are added to my student account. I further agree to pay any fees, fines, or penalties that are added to my student account which are related to my attendance at the TXWES.
Agreement to accept financial terms and conditions of attendance
- My student account reflects a financial obligation I owe TXWES for educational services and the associated costs of attendance.
- TXWES is an institution of higher education. As such, all or a portion of my student account is considered to be an educational loan according to R.C. § 221 and offered for the sole purpose of financing an education. My student account may be exempt from discharge under federal bankruptcy code 11 U.S.C. § 523(a).
- This agreement will be in effect until I have fulfilled all financial obligations to TXWES and TXWES has terminated this agreement.
- I authorize TXWES and its agents, representatives, attorneys, and contractors (including collection agencies) to contact me through my current or any future mobile phone, home phone, and email, including by way of text message and automated message calls, for purposes of collecting any portion of my student financial obligation which is delinquent.
- I acknowledge that if I am a recipient of Financial Aid at Texas Wesleyan University, that my financial aid offer for each semester will be applied towards my outstanding balance. I will receive a refund, only if my outstanding balance for the semester has been paid in full.
- I authorize and consent to TXWES supplying me with my 1098-T statement electronically. The 1098-T statement is made available online through Ramlink or Web Portal. I understand that no paper 1098-T form will be mailed to me unless I revoke my consent to receive the 1098-T statement electronically.
Method of Billing
TXWES does not mail statements for billing purposes, and therefore I am responsible for viewing and paying my student account by the scheduled due date(s). I understand that failure to review my account does not constitute a valid reason for not paying my account by the due date. Account information is located in Ramlink or Web Portal.
- I promise to pay TXWES the principal, and any late fees, fines, or penalties by the due dates stated on my student account and inapplicable TXWES catalogs and/or websites.
- If payment is made by check/eCheck and the check/eCheck is returned, I agree that a fee of $36 for a returned check/eCheck will be charged to my student account.
- If I expect financial aid to pay all or part of my financial obligations to TXWES, I understand that it is my responsibility to meet all requirements for disbursement to my student account.
- I understand that to prevent my classes from being dropped, I must either pay the balance in full or have made suitable payment arrangements by the appropriate due date. Payment arrangements may include the tuition payment plan options offered by TXWES, waiver, exemption, third-party payment, financial aid, or any combination thereof to pay the balance in full.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that all requirements of grantors, lenders, employers, and other third-party payers are met on a timely basis.
- I understand that despite my expectations for payment from financial aid or other sources, that I am ultimately responsible for all charges incurred.
- I understand that my financial aid may be adjusted due to eligibility. I agree to pay back to TXWES any amounts that I am not eligible for under applicable financial aid guidelines.
I will be in default if:
I break any promise made to TXWES or fail to perform promptly at the time and in the manner provided in my housing plan, meal plan, or tuition plan agreement with TXWES or fail to pay other charges, including but not limited to, fees or fines, or financial aid adjustments that post to my student account by the due date on the bill.
Rights of TXWES under default
If there is an event of default, TXWES may exercise any remedy allowed by law, including one or more of the following, without notice or demand (except as required by law):
- TXWES may declare the principal balance plus any late fees, fines, or penalties immediately due and payable in full.
- TXWES may hire or pay a third party to collect the debt. I agree to reimburse TXWES the fees of any collection agency, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 30% of the debt.
I will pay TXWES all costs of collection, including without limitations, reasonable attorney fees, whether or not there is a lawsuit. If not prohibited by applicable law, I will also pay any court costs, in addition to all other sums provided by law.
I understand that I must abide by the official TXWES policies regarding withdrawal from TXWES. Withdrawal from TXWES, whether voluntary or at the request of TXWES, does not exempt me from payment in full for charges incurred while attending TXWES.
I understand that withdrawing from classes AFTER I have received my Federal Aid may result in repayment of Federal Funds to The Department of Education.
For purposes of collection of amounts owed by me to TXWES, I consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of the state of Texas, Tarrant County.
Withhold diplomas, transcripts, grades
TXWES may withhold my official transcript, diploma, or grades until all my financial obligations have been met.
Prevent future registration
TXWES may prevent future registration until all my financial obligations have been met.
Credit Bureau reporting
I understand that failure to pay my student account may result in TXWES filing an adverse report with credit bureaus.