Skip to Content
Get Hired. Get your MBA from TXWES.
Get Hired. Get your MBA from TXWES.
Get Hired. Get your MBA from TXWES.

Work Study

Federal Work-Study 

Federal Work-Study provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student’s course of study.

Here’s a quick overview of Federal Work-Study: 

  • It provides part-time employment while you are enrolled in school.
  • It’s available to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students with financial need.
  • It’s available to full-time or part-time students.
  • It’s administered by schools participating in the Federal Work-Study Program. 
  • Each school has a set Federal Work-Study allocation and not all eligible students will receive it. 

What kind of jobs are there? 

The Federal Work-Study Program emphasizes employment in civic education and work related to your course of study whenever possible. Click here to view Federal Work-Study positions at TXWES. You may not begin working in a Federal Work-Study position until after you have received clearance and confirmation from both the offices of Human Resources and Financial Aid. 

How much can I earn?

You’ll earn at least the current federal minimum wage. However, you may earn more depending on the type of work you do and the skills required for the position.

Your total work-study award depends on:

  • When you apply,
  • Your level of financial need, and
  • TXWES funding level.

How will I be paid?

  • You're paid by the hour.
  • You're paid bi-weekly.
  • TXWES pays you directly unless you request that the school
    • send your payments directly to your bank account or
    • use the money to pay for your education-related institutional charges such as tuition, fees, and room and board.

Can I work as many hours as I want?

No. The amount you earn can’t exceed your total Federal Work-Study award. When assigning work hours, your supervisor and the Office of Financial Aid will consider your class schedule and your academic progress.