Skip to Content

Veteran's Benefits

If you're a veteran — or a dependent of a veteran — your VA benefits can cover the cost of a private education at Texas Wesleyan. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs offers education benefits that can help you pursue your education. To see if you’re eligible, visit the VA Education Benefits webpage.

Depending on your military training experience, you could be eligible for class credit. And when you graduate, you’ll be recognized for your service with honor cords and a service pin. In case, you don’t already know, Texas Wesleyan was named a Military Friendly School in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.


What is the Yellow Ribbon Program?

The Yellow Ribbon Program is a partnership between Texas Wesleyan University and Department of Veteran's Affairs to supplement the tuition benefits of the Post 9/11 Veteran's Educational Assistance Program of 2008 (Chapter 33).

This program allows our institution to enter into a voluntary agreement with the VA to contribute funds to a veteran's unmet tuition and fees when they have exceeded the amount payable under Chapter 33. The program allows Texas Wesleyan to contribute an amount up to 50% of the veteran's unmet costs where the VA will match the amount.

To apply for any VA benefits at Texas Wesleyan University, you should contact the Office of Financial Aid at 817-531-4420.

Keep in mind, Veteran benefit programs cannot be combined with merit scholarships from the University.

What are the eligibility requirements?

To be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Award you must:

  • Be a veteran and eligible for 100% under the Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)
  • Have remaining entitlement under the Post 9/11 GI Bill®
  • Not be on active duty or a spouse transferee of an active duty member
  • Be a Texas Wesleyan student continuously enrolled
  • Be in good academic standing at Texas Wesleyan University
  • Be in a VA approved degree program
  • Be registered for classes that apply to your degree program
  • Successfully complete all registered classes or you may be required to repay VA and/or Texas Wesleyan University if you drop or fail any classes after the semester begins

How do I apply?

To apply, follow these easy steps.

  • Apply for education and training benefits online on the VA website
  • The VA will send you a Certificate of Eligibility, which shows your benefits
  • Send us a copy of your Certificate, a copy of your military transcripts (if applicable), and a copy of your DD-214 so we are able to certify your benefits

Send your documents to:

Office of Financial Aid
c/o Texas Wesleyan University
1201 Wesleyan St.
Fort Worth, Texas 76105

Your eligibility will be automatically certified upon each term. Contact the Office of Financial Aid when you become aware of changes to your eligibility for benefits or your expected enrollment.

Connect with our Veterans Counselor

Clifton Hunt. B.S, M.Ed, USAF (Ret)

Office of Financial Aid - Veteran Services


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at