Do you have your sights set on becoming an accountant? Texas Wesleyan's 5th year option is for you. Earn your BBA in accounting and your MBA with an accounting concentration with just one extra year. Better yet, as soon as you graduate, you'll be able to sit for the CPA exam.
Get your career started, faster.
- Students with fewer than 24 college credit hours earned after high school graduation must have a minimum SAT score of 1100 (Math + Evidence-Based Reading & Writing) and a minimum high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students with 24 or more college credit hours earned after high school graduation must have a minimum college cumulative GPA of 3.0 overall and a 2.75 GPA in accounting.
- The student's grades will be reviewed after completing their BBA. They will be officially admitted into the MBA program as long as they are still meeting the minimum GPA requirements of 3.0 overall and 2.75 in accounting.
- Fraud Examiner, Investigator & Analyst
Undergraduate courses include:
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Federal Income Tax
Graduate courses include:
- Introduction to Fraud
- The Legal Environment & Fraud
- Ethics & Professionalism in Accounting
- You'll be admitted into the Texas Wesleyan MBA program when you complete your BBA in accounting. Skip the MBA application process and application fee, too.
- After completing your BBA in accounting, you'll earn your MBA with an accounting concentration in just one year.
- Start your graduate coursework as an undergrad by completing up to nine hours of your MBA coursework as a senior.
- After completing the program, you'll be able to immediately sit for the CPA exam.