You have favorite books – plural. You’re writing down ideas nonstop. You’re not just good at grammar; you’re diagramming this sentence in your head right now. We’re thinking English is for you. English teaches you how to understand and communicate ideas, which is great preparation for graduate school or a professional career.
- Web Content Development
- Public Relations
- Web Culture and New Media Writing
- Creative Writing
- Writing in the Natural Sciences
- Advanced Grammar, Style, and Editing
- African-American Literature
- Prepare for graduate school with the Law & Legal Career PreProfessional Program
- Publish your work in our Aries Literary Journal
- Build your network in the Sigma Tau Delta English Honors Society
- Help others by tutoring in the Academic Success Center
- Participate in an internship on or off campus
No problem. We offer a certification through the School of Education that prepares you to teach middle and high school classes.
You'll take 27 hours of education classes and get the classroom experience you need with six hours of student teaching.
- Studying law at schools like the Texas A&M School of Law and the University of Texas
- Pursuing graduate studies at schools like TCU, Texas State University and UT Arlington
- Building careers as professional writers in public relations and technical writing