The power of music is indescribable – a great musician can articulate words, emotions and images with a single note. A life filled with music is made immeasurably better by its presence. The Department of Music builds your technical skills, equips you for success as a performer or educator and readies you to pursue graduate studies or professional opportunities.
You're ready to work towards a degree in music, and Texas Wesleyan University's looking like it could be the place for you. Let's get you started. You need to audition the semester before you want to start at Texas Wesleyan.
Auditions are good for one year and you'll sign up with the Department of Music. Visit the music website for more details and a step-by-step on how to prepare. Good luck!
|||Sign Up To Audition|
- Teaching in public and private education
- The music business
- Teaching private lessons
- As a professional musician
- Private instrument or voice classes
- Theory, history and literature classes
- Ensemble classes
- Perform in ensembles or as a soloist at university-wide events
- Perform at the President’s Honors Concert
- Travel to and perform in locations around the world -- like China!
- Join music societies like Sigma Alpha Iota
- Join band/instrumental societies like Kappa Kappa Psi
- Perform in off-campus events
No problem. We offer a certification through the School of Education that prepares you to teach at all levels.
You'll take 13 hours of education classes and get the classroom experience you need with six hours of student teaching.
- Professional musicians across the country
- Company members performing venues across the metroplex, including Casa Manana in Fort Worth, Dallas Symphony Chorus, the Fort Worth Opera Chorus, and the Fort Worth and Dallas Symphony Orchestras
- Attending graduate schools like Texas Woman’s University, TCU, UTA, SMU and Baylor
- Teaching at schools through out the metroplex, notably Nolan Catholic High School, Burleson ISD, Fort Worth ISD, Duncanville ISD and Lake Worth Christian School, private lessons