The start of a new tradition - The Art Bash
We are ending the inaugural year of the Bernice Coulter Templeton Art Studio Gallery by establishing a new tradition. The end of the year is a time for celebration in the gallery. At the end of each academic year, The Art Bash will be the last exhibition of the season.
Spring Art Gallery Preview Announcement
We have had a very successful start already in the Bernice Coulter Templeton Art Studio & Gallery and it is only fitting we end the first exhibition year with an all-out celebration of the visual arts. One of the best characteristics of Texas Wesleyan is tradition. Beginning 2018 spring semester a new tradition in the visual arts will begin. We are calling on you to be a part of it.
This announcement is the first of several you will receive regarding what The Art Bash. The Art Bash is the last exhibition of the academic year. It will be a family affair. ALL members of the Wesleyan Community – students, faculty, administration, staff, and alumni are invited to participate. While you are on Christmas Break, turn on your inner artist and make some art. Then you can show off your talent and have some fun at Art Bash.
Here is what you need to know
- Your original creations accepted at Bernice Coulter Templeton Art Studio, 1415 E. Vaughn St., #39 on the campus map on Monday, March 19, 10-3 p.m.
- Alumni Weekend artist reception hosted by the Alumni Office held in the gallery on Saturday, April 21 from 5-6:30 p.m.
- Pick up your art on Wednesday, May 9, 10-3 p.m.
- Framing not required – matting is highly recommended
- If not framed you will need to provide 2-4 bulldog clips for hanging on the gallery hooks. Works cannot exceed 33 lbs
- Paintings should be wired for hanging
- Sculptors will need to provide a pedestal
- There is no size limitation – just need to get it in the door
- All work must be original and created by YOU!
- You may enter up to three works of art
- All art accepted. We will hang art until we run out of room in the gallery
Need Some Artistic Assistance?
An Art Bash Workshop will be held on February 1 from 7-9 p.m. in the Bernice Coulter Tempelton Art Studio. Space is limited to 20. Register online to reserve your spot.
Be a part of a new tradition. Celebrate the artist in you! Questions? Contact Kit Hall at 817-531-4984 or email@example.com.