The Flame e-newsletter is dedicated to delivering timely, informative news stories and university event reminders to faculty and staff.
How do I submit a news story or event?
News and events for the Flame are submitted through your department’s Terminal 4 (T4) access. If you would like to contribute Web content for your department, contact Elaine Sharpe, web content specialist.
When is the deadline?
The deadline to submit news and events for the Flame is noon the business day prior:
- For Monday’s Flame - the deadline to submit a news story or event is Friday at noon
- For Thursday’s Flame - the deadline to submit a news story or event is Wednesday at noon
- When submitting news, check the box at the bottom of the T4 form that says “Include in Flame.”
- If you have a promotion schedule in mind or specific days you would like your story to run, contact Ann Davis, strategic communications manager.
- News stories run in the featured news section at the top of the newsletter or the Campus Buzz section.
- Events run in Lets Go section.
- A picture says a thousand words. Take a photo with your smart phone or contact the office of marketing and communications for a photo.
- Headlines should be between 7-10 words
Why should I contribute news?
When you post your department's news to your website you:
Your feedback is important
We always want to hear your thoughts and suggestions for the Flame. Please submit your feedback below.