Texas Wesleyan named ‘Military Friendly School’ for sixth straight year
Texas Wesleyan University has been designated a 2016 Military Friendly School® by Victory Media for the sixth year in a row.
The Military Friendly® Schools designation is awarded to the top colleges in the country that are doing the most to embrace military students, and to dedicate resources to ensure their success both in the classroom and after graduation.
“Texas Wesleyan is committed to providing exceptional support and services to military students and veterans,” President Frederick G. Slabach said. “It is an honor to be recognized by Victory Media for the sixth straight year.”
Institutions competed for the Military Friendly® School title by completing a survey of over 100 questions covering ten categories, including military support on campus, graduation and employment outcomes, and military spouse policies.
“Post-secondary institutions earning the 2016 Military Friendly® School award have exceptionally strong programs for transitioning service members and spouses,” said Daniel Nichols, chief product officer of Victory Media and Navy Reserve veteran. “Our Military Friendly® Schools are truly aligning their military programs and services with employers to help students translate military experience, skills and training into successful careers after graduation.”
What makes Texas Wesleyan military friendly?
- The Gold Zone program, which is designed to help veteran students navigate the college process.
- Important student services for veterans, from disability services and professional counseling to career services and academic tutoring.
- Small class sizes that allow veteran students the opportunity to build relationships with highly trained faculty and succeed academically.
- Our financial aid office employs two certifying officials (one of whom is an Army veteran) to assist veterans with their unique funding issues.
What benefits are available?
- If you’re a veteran or a dependent, Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits can cover the cost of a private education.
- Depending on your military training experience, you could be eligible for class credit.
- Upon graduation, you’ll be recognized for your service with honor cords and a service pin.
About Military Friendly® Schools
The Military Friendly® Schools designation process includes extensive research and a data-driven survey of thousands of schools nationwide approved for Post-9/11 GI Bill funding. The school survey, methodology, criteria and weightings are developed with the assistance of an independent Advisory Board comprised of educators and HR, diversity and recruitment professionals from schools across the country. The survey is administered for free and is open to all post-secondary schools that wish to participate. Criteria for consideration can be found at https://militaryfriendly.com/.