Types of Advising
Texas Wesleyan has a shared advising system where the Academic Advising Office helps students with aspects related to their class schedule and faculty advise students on how they can translate what they learn in to a successful career.
Since music and theatre arts majors have unique course rotations and requirements, you will continue to see your faculty advisor for planning your class schedule and degree.
To help students get the most out of their degree and translate their education in to a successful career, each student has a faculty advisor who:
- Serves as a mentor
- Helps determine if the major is a good fit
- Develops a career path and identifies classes to meet student goals
- Shares insights as experts in their field
Meet with your faculty advisor
We recommend you meet with your faculty advisor once a semester during his or her office hours to talk through your goals. To make your advising as productive as possible, be ready to talk about your career goals and challenges.
Located in the library, academic advisors:
- Assist students with planning their degree and class schedules
- Assist picking majors and minors that complement students' education and career goals
- Help identify how and when to withdraw from classes
- Ensure all degree requirements are met in order to graduate on time
|Find My Advisor|
Need resume ideas? Career Services can help you with your resume, cover letter and interview skills. They can even help connect you with on and off-campus job opportunities.
|Get Career Help|