At Texas Wesleyan, our intentionally small campus has a Texas-sized reputation and a rich history.
Biochemistry is the chemistry of living systems. It’s where you’ll get down to the nitty-gritty of life itself. You’ll develop skills as both a chemist and a biologist, which is attractive to potential employers and broadens your job prospect field.
What are some potential careers?
- Analytical Chemistry
- Forensic Science
- Research and Development
What courses would I take?
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Chemical Literature
What else can I do?
- Prepare for a professional career with a PreProfessional Program track
- Develop bonds in our American Chemical Society student affiliate chapter
- Learn firsthand at an internship at a major company
- Network through our strong alumni community
- Tutor students in the Academic Success Center
Where are students now?
- Attending medical schools like UNT Health Science Center and Baylor College of Medicine
- Working at major corporations like Alcon Laboratories
- Attending graduate schools like the University of North Texas