How long does it take?
We begin reviewing your application once we’ve received all of your paperwork. We'll mail you a decision letter in one to two weeks.
Fewer Than 30 Credit Hours
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- SAT score of at least 1,000 if taken after March 2016 or
- We only take: 1) evidence-based reading & writing and 2) math
- ACT score of 19 or
- THEA score of 230 on the Reading and Mathematics sections and 220 on the Writing section
Students with fewer than 30 semester hours must also provide a high school transcript, so an equivalent university GPA can be computed.
We'll accept both the new SAT (taken March 2016 and after) as well as the previous SAT.
We have good news. We'll take your best scores from every standardized test you've taken and average them together. That's called your "super score." Keep in mind, we can't create a super score with an old and new version of the test.
More than 30 Credit Hours
- All college transcripts
- A GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
Academic programs may have additional requirements for entrance, and students are subject to review by the dean of the appropriate school for admission approval.
|||View Full Catalog Requirements|
If you did not graduate from high school, you'll need an average score of 500 on the GED exam. Once you've taken the test, mail a copy of the GED certificate and the official report of test with your application.
Office of Admissions
Texas Wesleyan University
1201 Wesleyan St.
Fort Worth, Texas 76105
Under 25? You'll still need to take the SAT or ACT and have a 2.5 GPA. Over 25? You'll need to take the THEA test. Contact Karina Bretado at 682-478-8605 or email@example.com to schedule a test date.
If you don't meet the requirements, you can start the process for your application to be reviewed by the Committee on Admissions, Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- You must submit all of the following items to your admission counselor:
- A personal essay about why attending Texas Wesleyan would be beneficial for you
- Provide letters of recommendation
- Submit a resume
- Participate in a personal interview
- Once you have turned in all of your paperwork, your file will be sent to the committee on Admissions, Scholarships and Financial Aid for review and a second admission decision.