Who Can Join Upward Bound Programs
Students meeting the following federal TRiO eligibility criteria may be considered for selection as Upward Bound/Upward Bound Math & Science participants:
- Current student at Diamond Hill-Jarvis HS, Dunbar HS, North Side HS, Polytechnic HS, Trimble Tech HS, or Carter Riverside HS
- Current ninth- and tenth-grade students with an interest in math and science
- Qualify as low-income and/or potential first-generation college graduate (neither parent has received a four-year degree)
- Demonstrate an academic need for UB or UBMS Programs and plan to attend college
- Commit to remain in UB or UBMS Programs until high school graduation
After a review of all UB/UBMS applications, eligible students and their parents will be contacted for a student and parent interview.
Interested in joining our UB Family? Complete our interest application today!