Data. Cultures. Media. For biologists, these words have different meanings, but here’s a hint – you’ll learn them in the lab while you’re working on student research projects. And you’ll get to stretch your legs, too – like on the native prairie of Tandy Hills, where much of our conservation biology class takes place.
Biology Quick Facts
- Environmental Science
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Biomedical Research
- Food Microbiology
- Applied Ecology and Conservation
- Dentistry and Physician Practice
- Molecular Cell Biology
- Molecular Genetics
- Infection and Immunity
- Conservation Biology
- Join the Beta Beta Beta biology honors society
- Compete in regional and national biology competitions
- Volunteer at conservation events like PrairieFest
- Prepare for your future in the medical, dental & health PreProfessional program
- See professional speakers discuss relevant biology topics on campus
- Get ready for the next step through on-campus professional school recruitment
No problem. We offer a certification through the School of Education that prepares you to teach middle and high school classes.
You'll take 20 hours of education classes and get the classroom experience you need with six hours of student teaching.
- In medical schools like University of North Texas Health Science Center
- In dental schools like the UT Health Science Center in San Antonio
- Pursuing graduate degrees at schools like UT-Southwestern, UNT, UT-Tyler
- Teaching in area schools