History reveals the core of human experience – our triumphs, flaws and motivations. You’ll tackle the big topics of the past and present in a program that is tailored to undergraduates and is writing-focused. That’s a good thing, too, because all the writing and researching will prepare you for graduate school or a professional career.
History Quick Facts
- Law (with graduate school)
- Government Agencies
- Historic Site Curator
- Museum Studies
- History of Texas
- History of Mexico
- Colonial and Revolutionary America
- History of the New South
- Race & Gender in American History
- Ancient Greece & Rome
- Heroes in History
No problem. We offer a certification through the School of Education that prepares you to teach middle and high school classes.
You'll take 20 hours of education classes and get the classroom experience you need with six hours of student teaching.
- Teaching at schools in the Fort Worth Independent School District
- Working in major institutions as archivists
- Attending graduate schools like TCU, SMU and Texas Woman’s University.
- Attending law schools across the country