At Texas Wesleyan, our intentionally small campus has a Texas-sized reputation and a rich history.
Additional Admissions Requirements
To apply for Texas Wesleyan's Teacher Education Program students must:
- Have an overall GPA of at least 2.5
- Make passing scores on THEA:
- Reading = 260, Math = 230, Writing = 220 (Talk to an admissions counselor to see if you can be exempt from the Math and Writing THEA)
- Be admitted to the Teacher Education Program (TEP) by meeting the following requirements:
- Complete EDU 2100 Foundations of Education. To enroll in the course, you'll need a 2.5 GPA or current state requirement and at least 36 credit hours complete.
- Submit the formal application to the program (Part of EDU 2100)
Interested in the EC-6 Bilingual program?
- All of the above apply, but students are required to demonstrate Spanish language proficiency. For the purpose of program admissions, Spanish proficiency is defined as:
- SPN 1341 Spanish I, SPN 1342 Spanish II, SPN 2313 Intermediate Spanish I, SPN 2314 Intermediate Spanish II or test equivalent and
- Passing score on the Web-Based WebCape Exam, Spanish Version. Students are only allowed to take the WebCape exam once. Students who do not receive a passing score of 700 or above on the WebCape Exam are required to take SPN 2321 Spanish for Spanish Secondary, and Bilingual Education majors.