To the TXWES community: thank you for telling your stories!
At the start of the fall semester we asked you, our faculty and staff, to submit the amazing things going on inside and outside your classrooms as part of the ‘When we say Smarter’ campaign, focusing on communicating the academic value of a Texas Wesleyan degree to our current and future students, and beyond.
We’re thrilled to say that you delivered! Faculty and staff from our four undergraduate schools submitted nearly 80 academic news stories. That’s double our goal of 40.
Topics ranged from one of our faculty being named one of the ‘brightest’ in Tarrant County, to students presenting research, to a professor wowing crowds with her talents on the piano in her native country.
Here are some of the highlights from this semester:
- Texas Wesleyan alumna, student, adjunct named Teacher of the Month
- Dr. Adkinson named one of the ‘brightest educators’ in Tarrant County
- Drs. Dryden and Anderson honored with the Quest for Quality Award
- Texas Wesleyan athletic training majors present their research
- The FBI visits the Accounting Society
- Hatton W. Sumners Scholars attend 2018 Texas Tribune Festival
- Business Executive of the Year John Goff visits with students
- Texas Wesleyan mass communication department chair receives AEJMC grant
- Texas Wesleyan education professor honored for her work in bilingual education
- TXWES professor’s piano recital brings out big crowds in her native Brazil
Thank you for not only enriching our students with invaluable experiences every day, but for sharing those stories with the campus community. We’re proud to share them with the world.
Send your stories directly to the Office of Marketing & Communications with the academic news submission form.