The Division of Student Affairs is offering a leadership certificate program to students of all class standings. Two tracks are available in this certificate program with the foundational level focused on first and second-year students, as well as an advanced level for third-year and beyond. Participants in this program will gain a number of skills and abilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Develop an individualized model of leadership awareness through awareness of personal values.
- Work cooperatively with others, including people different from self and/or with different points of view.
- Practice impactful communication (within and beyond the team, active listening, effective speaking, and written communication) and shared leadership (influencing and motivating others, fostering teamwork, building trust, understanding, and managing change).
- Generate new problem-solving approaches based on new insights.
- Identify practical skills to become an effective leader both in and out of the classroom.
- Increase self-awareness through the exploration of strengths, values, beliefs, culture, and identity.
The program is self-paced and flexible enough to fit into any student’s schedule. Please encourage your students to participate in the Leadership Certificate Program. For more information about the program, please see RamSpace.